People! We are approaching a new year… (If you weren’t aware) We are 2 days away from turning into a whole blank new page ….or not at all. However you approach the coming of a new year (New year, New Me..or NOT) I’ll have to admit that this is the time where we look back at what 2017 was…and perhaps ask ourselves what the hell did I do? or also say WHAT A FREAKING AMAZING YEAR! (At least that is what I am saying)
I don’t really know where I am headed with this post, but it’s 7:56 and it’s the last Friday of 2017, and I feel like expressing myself. (Feel me?) So if you are reading this, welcome to what goes on in my head.
All I could say is I am thinking back about what this 2017 has been and it’s been pretty amazing. Looking back at 2017 –>
- I’ve traveled to many places. (Travel is life)
- I graduated college. (Welcome to adult life Domenica)
- I got a job. (Welcome to adult life Domenica)
- I’ve met amazing people. (Positive vibes only)
- I’ve made amazing memories. (Life is all about them)
- I’ve accomplish many of my #Goals. (Yes, I was able to cross most of them out.)
- I’ve learned a lot from everything and everyone. (Learn something new every day)
Most importantly…I’ve LIVED.
So what do I want for this new year? Ideally World Peace would be the main goal, but that would be a perfect world…
Instead we need to start small, but small still makes a huge impact. & what I am about to tell you has nothing to do with world peace, it has to do (& starts) directly with ourselves.
I tend to observe people and try understanding each one of us, and let me tell you: We are all pretty freaking UNIQUE. Reason why we are all beautiful.
How do we start? How do I start?
- Reminding myself that I am living the best gift of all — LIFE. I am alive (I think most of the time we forget about it.) We are alive people!! Most people tend to fall into a life of routine (we all do) but there are always ways of changing that…unless you are okay with routine then keep it. But routine does not work for me…
- Remind yourself that you are PRESENT, you have so many things to be happy for. (These little things such as having a bed to sleep in, a roof above your head, food to eat, eyes to see…I could keep going..but you get the point? The little things that we tend to forget about!)
- Thankful, happy and passionate people are the ones that are actually LIVING. It is so beautiful when you meet people that transmit positive energy and at the same time make you realize and kinda wake you up and say “Wow you are so right! I need to start living too…”
- Once you’ve mastered what I said before you’ll realize and say- WOW! I am pretty freaking lucky and blessed. You’ll look around and you’ll keep repeating that to yourself because I mean let’s be real…look around right now, what do you see? YUP, same here. (I am blessed)
Okay peeps, I know I’ve kinda jumped around with this post but I also want to share my go-to advice for this year —>
- No te ahogues en un vaso de agua.
- Fight hard for what you want to accomplish and what you want to have..You have the ability to make it happen.
- FOCUS and do not allow the stupid little things to make you lose track of where you are headed.
- Do not let anyone pressure you into doing something you do not want. It’s your own freaking life..
- Take care of yourself
- LOVE yourself first
- Go out there and do what YOU love
- Do not intoxicate people with bad energy
- Spread positive energy
To conclude with this post –I’ll tell you what I’ll do: I will always follow my passion, spread positive energy, learn, grow, interact, fight hard for what I want, make things happen, express love, and overall MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT.
Lastly, you are the author of your own life, why not make it the best most epic and awesome story of them all? RIGHT?!
2018 I am ready for you…We are ready for you!
Now go out there and live 🙂